Rep. Cutler has been hard at work on a range of issues since he was first elected to represent the Sixth Plymouth District. Among his priorities are renewable energy, economic development and education. During his career Josh has always worked to stand up for those who need a voice, including our seniors, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Below please find a list of initiatives Rep. Cutler has worked on by policy area. This is by no means an exhaustive list so if you are interested in a particular issue and want to know more please contact our office. One of the things Rep. Cutler most enjoys about his position is always learning new things and finding new issues to work on or problems to solve. We encourage you to reach out and share your ideas and let us know what your own priorities are.
- Rep. Cutler on Pembroke Route 14 roadway improvement project and Pleasant St. traffic intersection.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s visit with Pembroke Chamber of Commerce members
- House passes Rep. Cutler resolution to recognize historic Pembroke Resolves.
- Rep. Cutler bill honors late Hanson community leader with Mann bridge dedication. Also coverage here.
- Rep. Cutler hosts Senior Luncheon in Hanson.
- Recognizing Arbor Day efforts in Hanson.
- New economic development bill passed in House.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s visit with Pembroke Chamber of Commerce members
- Read more about Rep. Cutler’s efforts to promote the cranberry industry in Southeastern, Massachusetts
- Read about legislation passed by Rep. Cutler and his colleagues to freeze unemployment insurance rates to help small businesses.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s small business tour.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s Small Business Summit in Hanson.
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s Small Business Boot Camp in Duxbury.
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler hosting Joint Committee on Small Business for Listening Tour in Pembroke.
- Read about bill to increase minimum wage and reform unemployment insurance system.
- Letter in support of supplemental budget line item to benefit local shellfishing industry by studying vibrio bacteria.
- Read about Rep. Cutler hosting the Joint Committee on Small Business here on the South Shore to meet local businesses and learn about their issues and concerns. Boston Globe story. Patriot Ledger story.
Local Aid, Schools & Municipal Issues
- Rep. Cutler talks about regional school transportation and other local aid issues
- Coverage of boost to school aid for Pembroke schools.
- Overview of FY17 state budget which boosts Chapter 70 School Aid.
- Summary of Municipal Modernization Bill proposed by Gov. as approved by House W&M.
- Article on Rep. Cutler’s successful effort to boost Chapter 70 school aid funding in FY17 budget.
- More coverage of boost to per pupil minimums in Chapter 70 formula.
- House FY17 budget provides more funding to local cities and towns
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s work to get funding for Pembroke pond management.
- Update on Chapter 90 funding to cities and towns for local road and bridge projects
- Read article on bi-partisan efforts to restore local aid cuts.
- Update on Rep. Cutler’s public forum on Unfunded Mandates with State Auditor Suzanne Bump.
- Track legislation (H.3773) co-sponsored by Rep. Cutler to give cities and towns more flexibility in the issuing temporary bonding notes.
- Track bill (H.3691) written by Rep. Cutler to reduce local interest fees paid by cities and towns in judicial actions.
- Read Rep. Cutler’s commentary opposing a state takeover of our local housing authorities
- Read article about Rep. Cutler’s support for local Cultural Councils and arts organizations.
- Coverage of efforts by Rep. Cutler and Rep. Diehl to question if new state requirement on background checks for teachers is unfunded mandate.
- Read about Legislature’s efforts to freeze tuition and fees for all state colleges and universities.
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s support for budget increase to aid UMass system and provide tuition freeze for second year.
Senior & Veteran Issues
- Rep. Cutler organizing Coats for Vets program in our district
- Veteran Lunch in Hanson.
- Rep. Cutler at groundbreaking for EPOCH memory care facility
- Honoring Pembroke Iraq War Veteran
- Coverage of Senior Luncheon hosted by Rep. Cutler and Sen. Brady.
- Coverage of new bill expands housing options for veterans
- Rep. Cutler hosts forum on tax credits for seniors
- Watch video of Rep. Cutler’s Maiden Speech in support of Council on Aging grants.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s successful amendment to help veterans reduce their property tax burden.
- Read about VALOR Act II legislation supported by Rep. Cutler to expand opportunities and services for military personnel, veterans and their families. More coverage of the VALOR Act II which is now law.
- Read about community services forum Rep. Cutler hosted in Hanson and in Pembroke.
- Watch Cutler Corner episode with Mass. Secretary of Veterans Affairs Coleman Nee.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s forum on Senior Citizen Circuit Breaker tax credit in Pembroke.
- Advocating for passage of “Nicky’s Law” to protect persons with disabilities from caretaker abuse. Also here. Video of Rep. Cutler’s floor speech here.
- Coverage of my efforts to change law protecting perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Read about bi-partisan legislation co-sponsored by Rep. Cutler to increase penalties for animal abuse.
- Read about new law to increase death benefit for families of first responders.
- Read about the kids safety forum hosted by Rep. Cutler in Pembroke.
- Read commentary by Rep. Cutler in support of tougher penalties for animal abusers.
- Read article about Rep. Cutler and his colleagues voting to stiffen penalties for corporate manslaughter.
- Read article about legislative change that allows public to access information on Level II sex offenders.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s visit with local high school students in support of a domestic violence prevention campaign.
- Read about new legislation addressing juvenile murder parole standards in the wake of SJC court decision.
Public Health & Opiate Crisis
- Coverage of family notification for substance abuse civil commitments. And here.
- Effort with Pembroke family to update civil commitment law
- Rep. Cutler participates in Good Samaritan Law campaign
- Working with Boy Scout on opiate awareness project
- Coverage of hurricane relief fundraising efforts.
- Coverage of South Shore delegation effort to keep family support office open.
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s event on Suicide Prevention and Behavioral health issues.
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s forum on Lyme Disease
- Rep. Cutler’s Community forum on tick borne illness
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s support for pilot program to provide recovery coaches for a recovering addicts
- Read Commentary by Rep. Cutler about the many facets of substance abuse.
- Read about comprehensive Autism services bill supported by Rep. Cutler.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s efforts to keep parents informed about the issue of e-cigarettes.
- News coverage of Rep. Cutler’s open forum on e-cigarettes in Duxbury.
- Read about legislation supported by Rep. Cutler to help combat substance abuse epidemic and ensure access to medical detox services. UPDATE: Now law.
- News coverage of Rep. Cutler’s involvement with new substance abuse prevention group in Pembroke.
- Article on bill advocated by Rep. Cutler to tighten rules on opiate prescriptions.
- Rep. Cutler’s remarks in support of House opiate and substance abuse addiction prevention bill.
Energy, Environment & Climate Change
Josh believes renewable energy and green jobs should be as vital a cog in our state’s economy as health care, higher education or biotech.
- Advocating for update to Bottle Bill to include “nips”
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s Energy SAVE Act to update appliance efficiency standards.
- Coverage of Duxbury seawall damage and coastal flooding.
- Rep. Cutler talking about storm preparedness and impact of climate change
- Rep. Cutler interview on Bloomberg Business Radio about impact of coastal storms
- Coverage of seawall infrastructure needs in Boston Business Journal
- Article about new energy bill signed into law by Governor Baker
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s Energy Forum held in Pembroke.
- GMO Labelling bill approve by Environment & Natural Resources Committee
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler being given award by South Shore Recycling Cooperative for his work on environmental issues.
- Read commentary in Patriot Ledger by Rep Cutler in support of solar energy.
- Read about open forum Josh hosted in Duxbury with environmental experts to talk about updating the Bottle Bill.
- Track legislation (H.3038) filed by Rep. Cutler to encourage use of electronic vehicles on state highways.
- Read about legislation Rep. Cutler and his House colleagues passed to curb methane gas emissions.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s efforts to bring a solar array to Duxbury’s capped landfill, including his remarks at the groundbreaking ceremony.
- Read article about Rep. Cutler joining key bottle bill supporters to speak out and advocate for prompt action this session.
- Read about opening of new solar company in Pembroke that will bring dozens of new jobs to area.
- Coverage of the Summer Solstice Tour stop in Pembroke to highlight solar energy growth and success in Massachusetts.
- Watch video of Rep. Cutler’s interview of Mass. Fish and Game Commissioner Mary Griffin.
Transportation & Infrastructure
- Rep. Cutler pushes MassDOT for answers and updates on Duxbury Roundabout project. (Also here)
- Article on keeping MBTA accountable on weekend commuter rail service.
- Watch Rep. Cutler’s remarks on the House floor in support of weekend rail service restoration.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s meeting co-sponsored with Sen. President Therese Murray to address weekend rail service.
- Read about the Transportation Bond bill that will provide funding for infrastructure projects and Chapter 90 funds for local roadway needs.
- Read article about Rep. Cutler’s bill to expand zipper lane hours on the Expressway to reduce congestion.
- Read about legislation Rep. Cutler is co-sponsoring to make it easier for charities to qualify for specialty license platesVoting & Elections
- Coverage of Rep. Cutler’s resolution to seek equality for America’s adopted children. Also here in People Magazine and Boston Magazine.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s efforts on the Election Laws Committee to making voting easier and introduce online registration and early voting. Update: Now passed into law.
- Video of Rep. Cutler speaking out in support of “Mass Disclosure Act” to curb influence of SUPERPACs and special interest groups spending unregulated sums on political campaigns.
- Rep. Cutler’s commentary on the need for labelling of GMO foods.
- Read a commentary on Rep. Cutler’s legislation to fix the way mobile phones are charged sales tax.
- Read about legislation passed by Rep. Cutler and his colleagues in the House to boost standards for compounding pharmacies. Update: now signed into law.
- Read commentary by Rep. Cutler about direct shipment of wine legislation.
- Watch Rep. Cutler’s testimony on Flood Insurance Relief Bill and read coverage of bill’s passage.
- Read about the issue of GMO labelling and the growing list of legislators supporting this issue including Rep. Cutler.
- Read about Rep. Cutler’s efforts to protect whistleblowers and confidential news sources with a state media shield law.
Nuclear Power Plant safety
- Rep. Cutler talks about efforts to safeguard ratepayers from getting stuck paying for Pilgrim decommissioning costs.
- Letter from activist about legislation Rep. Cutler working on to protect ratepayers.
- Read a letter from Rep. Cutler to NRC expressing concerns with the environmental review of nuclear waste storage options at Pilgrim.
- Track legislation (H.1906) co-sponsored by Rep. Cutler to expand the emergency planning radius of nuclear reactors from 10 to 20 miles.
- Track legislation (H.1907) co-sponsored by Rep. Cutler to increase the Mass. Dept. of Public Health’s annual reactor assessment for environmental surveillance & emissions monitoring.